Created in 1545 on the property of the Benedictine monks of St. Justine, the Botanical Gardens of Padua is the oldest existing university botanical garden in the world.
It is the world's oldest academic botanical garden that is still in its original location. The garden, affiliated with the University of Padua, currently covers roughly 22,000 square meters, and is known for its special collections and historical design.
The Botanical Garden of Padua is the original of all botanical gardens throughout the world, and represents the birth of science, of scientific exchanges, and understanding of the relationship between nature and culture. It has made a profound contribution to the development of many modern scientific disciplines, notably botany, medicine, chemistry, ecology and pharmacy.
Botanical Gardens Via Orto Botanico 15 - 35123, Padova | Italy